The Kids Health and Wealth Study commenced in 2012. Since then we have had 380 children and their families join our study. In that time, we have asked you a lot of questions about your kidney disease and your health, your life at school and your family. All of this information is very helpful to us, so that we can understand how it impacts your child physically, socially, mentally and academically.
Below are some interesting facts we have found out about our participants
- 1/3 of our patients have had a kidney transplant
- The most common cause of kidney disease in our participants is CAKUT, which stands for congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract.
- Over half of our participants play a sport.
- Our participants most popular hobbies include sport, video games and music
- At school, our participants perform best in English and Arts.
As time goes by we hope to find some more interesting facts about your child and family. We will keep you updated with our progress regularly.
From the Kids with CKD team, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and a happy and healthy new year!